Friday, April 13, 2012

Don Bosco Makilala

Good day GSoles! I am back again to share my very recent adventure trip.

It was on a morning of a Sunday that I woke up to my aching arms. My brother was already up. I went back to sleep to continue my sweet dreams, when my mom entered the room and gave me an invitation to go for a trip.

At first I hesitated but later on I was riding at the back of a motorcycle(this was definitely another unplanned getaway). I really didn't know the exact location of the place. One thing is for sure, we where going far outside the borderline of Davao del Sur. We were entering Cotabato this time.

If my judgment is precise, I would say that this trip is a cheap one(base on expenses) but surely PRICELESS! To give you an idea, we didn't go to a beach. This time we went to a natural waterfalls and speaking of "natural" the place is in the middle of a tropical rain forest-like.



The road seemed steep but I think the local government could improve it. It was rocky, muddy, and slippery. There used to be a resort built near the falls but the cottages seemed rotten already and no one collects for entrance fee nor ask for contribution. So it was indeed an inexpensive trip.



There was a concrete stair leading to the main water area. As I descended from the steps I took site of the beauty of Don Bosco's waterfalls. I marveled at the cascading water coming from the main falls. For every body's information, it also had a hot spring.

the yellow spots on the rocks are hot water falling(Ooops! try to avoid getting burnt)


There was a man-made tub, big enough for 3 families. For me it was a local replica of a jacuzzi tub. It was warm(good for relaxation). The sounds of unknown birds and animals could be heard. There were also wild monkeys(harmless-they mind their own monkey business of course) :)

can you spot the wild monkey?

having fun with my mom and brother

I and my family had a good time. This was a very relaxing trip more like walking in a spa house.

No comments:

Post a Comment